Today




the sun came out and shone a while, the kitchen basked in that forgotten glow. I ran with the dogs beneath a clear blue sky, my feet cracking on the frozen leaves that carpeted the ground below.




Then I drank tea in the afternoon and read of Italian lunches, Egyptian suppers and French breakfasts while the pork roasted in the oven and my busy family chopped and stacked wood for our evening fires.

(At Elizabeth David's Table: Her Very Best Everyday Recipes)






Later I drank wine that smelled like cherries and blackcurrants, vanilla and chocolate.





I have little to complain of when there are days like these to be lived. It seems a little sunshine goes a very long way.

Comments

Lucille said…
So welcome. As are the pictures that accompany such a day.
kristina said…
Oh I feel so warmed just reading your post. And I have that very book too...of course! K xx
Bethany said…
That sounds like a perfect day! Beautiful photos!
Ali said…
It made such a difference, didn't it? And coincidentally, we had roast pork this weekend too - great minds...
It lifts the spirits no end.

Fingers crossed for some more.

Nina xxx

ps. Sarah Raven 'Oh my' the book is good. N xx
Unknown said…
oh send us some sun this way... I don't think I can remember what it feels or looks like...
Jane said…
We had sun on Saturday and I lifted all of our moods. Now we're back to cold and grey.
t does wool said…
perfect day rebecca..
happy new year to you~
Linda said…
Wonderful, I want to feel the warmth of that sun!
cathleen said…
Sweet post. No sunshine around here today. We are in the middle of a very BIG snowstorm.
silverpebble said…
I loved this post. I keep looking back at it. The sun was very welcome here too.
Bee said…
A sensuous feast!
Your pictures throw off a lot of warmth.

Popular Posts