Cabled love


It has been rather too long since this supposed knitting led blog featured any actual knitting. And there has been knitting.



Of course there has been knitting, for Autumn is the knitter's season, the onset of dark evenings and a crackling fire were just made for knitters, don't you think?

I have a few things to share with you but this one deserves its own post.


Stockport from Rowan 46. If you have been reading here a while you will know that I love a cable, not too complicated a cable but a nice soothing sort of cable, the kind that gently twists and turns comfortably along, providing a bit of rhythm and interest but no nasty surprises. The sort of cable that can be easily managed whilst still paying the correct amount of attention to the likes of the lovely Dr Gregory House without the need of recourse to swearing and ripping back.

Stockport offers just that and the extra bonus of being knitted in Cocoon (I actually swoon as I say that), I do like Cocoon, soft and silky, quick to knit and light to wear.


Stockport is my new favourite sweater and as you can see I very imaginatively made exactly the same colour featured in the magazine but I am not going to apologise for my sheep like tendency, I like this colour and would have chosen it whatever the pattern was worked in, really, I would have.


I like clever shaping of this top although I nurse a tiny nagging feeling that it may accentuate my hips which seem to be more hip like than they were 10 years ago but thankfully a shortage of good full length mirrors in this house prevent me from knowing the full horror of what may be lurking around that area of my body and I am pretty sure that the 56 images I deleted from this shoot were just taken from a bad angle.

Comments

Popular Posts