Knitting and Stitching

I have been trying to post all afternoon but while trying to beat Blogger at its usual trick of refusing to recognise my paragraphs (does anyone else have problems with Blogger and paragraphs?), I managed to lose an entire post.

Anyway, I will try one more time before I really do lose the will. I had much of interest to tell you but Blogger has sucked it all out of me now. I apologise if I sound a little tense, grrr.

Blogging has been somewhat sporadic of late, there have been germs again, this time Tilly, full of coughs and colds and in need of lots of cuddles. There has been crafting though and indeed several gifts quickly finished and sent without even the time to photograph!



Right now I am working on one of Hilary's lovely Stitchettes. This one is titled Toe Tapping Tilly and was therefore a must. This is my second Stitchette and I love working on these, so easy to pick up and put down, perfect to keep to hand in the kitchen and complete a few stitches while watching a pot or waiting for a kettle to boil, no stitches to count or pattern to remember. Not sure what this one will become as yet, maybe a pocket for a new gym bag.

I was delighted to discover that the Meathead pattern was being offered for sale, briefly. I missed the original knitalong and really wanted to make this pattern. One evening's knitting produced one for me and one for Tilly, we will try not to wear them together.... Great pattern.

I still have not taken a decision on what to knit next for myself. I need to decide soon as this is nearly finished, it is Evie from Rowan Junior, knitted in 4ply cotton. I am making the age 4-5 size but it seems awfully big, fingers crossed it won't turn out to be unwearable.



A couple of people asked me for details on my last post and I have been unable to reply directly to them thanks to Blogger's shortcomings.



Martina, I used 6 and a bit balls of KSH held double. It would have been 6 balls as stated in the pattern but I made my Kelly a little longer. Hope this helps.



Anonymous, I knitted the UK size 10, to fit bust 86cm, actual bust 92cm. I am about a 34 chest but often find knitting patterns a little on the large size chest wise (I am pretty flat chested to tell the truth), I think if I knit this again I may even go a size down, especially if I was going to use buttons rather than the brooch to fasten.




Comments

Faerynuff said…
Oh, I wish I was flatchested. These boobs are growing and growing with this pregnancy!

The millionaires shortbread were wonderful, I had to make more. I also made some of the jam doughnut muffins but misread the recipe and used regular sized muffin tins. More yumminess!

Tilly is the name I like if this baby is a girl. Matilda. A beautiful name.

I'm rambling. Better start tea!
MRS MJW said…
Now I'm really digging the cute gnome hat you made. So cute! Yes, the dresses were made from patterns. Two of them from the same pattern minus sleeves on one. The purple was also a pattern I found at shhh..don't tell anyone...walmart. The pattern was soooo easy. I picked easy cuz I had to alter them for my friend who is 6'2". The pattern is NEWLOOK 6587 if you are interested. The material was from Joann's. It seriously only took a few hours to make. Thanks for your kind comment. Keep up the lovely work! I'm gonna add you as a link on my blog cuz I want to continue to view your FOs easily if that is okay? Thanks again.
Anonymous said…
Love the hats but I still can't get over that cardi from your previous post!!
Flavaknits said…
Oh I know what you mean about blogger. I feel as if there is a conspiracy between am ageing applemac and blogger to make it as awkward as possible to make a post - the repetitive strain injury is returning!
Love the hats - especially the yarn you have used.
Alice said…
Sorry to hear you've been struck by germs, too. Yuk - I hope things improve soon for you.

You look great in that hat. I made an Elizabeth Zimmerman Snail Hat and love wearing it (it's a bit tight as it was for Charles, but he detests it). It's a similar shape to yours - cool!

I loved your Kelly, by the way, but was too ill to muster the energy to comment. Better late than never.
Johanne said…
Hi Rebecca, blogger and I have had a love hate relationship where it comes to posting paragraphs and photos. They seem to jumble around photos or have huge gaps in between. I've gone over to the new blogger and while not totally gone, it is a little better. Not sure if I see the same thing everyone else does either!! Love the hats by the way.
Anonymous said…
I love your hats. They are so cute. I missed out on buying the pattern, and now I'm seeing them everywhere.
handknit168 said…
Oh, u are doing the stitches, I also like the Wee Wonderful's. They are lovely and beautiful. Hope I can do one in future.
Anonymous said…
Love the meathead hts and the cardi/jumper you are wearing in the photo. Is it too a handknit?
Charity said…
Love the meatheads! I just got this pattern, too, and can't wait to give it a try. :0)

I love the sweater you're wearing in the photo, too!
Anonymous said…
Your meathead hats are adorable. I love the adult sized one the most. And that sweater is gorgeous. Oh my.
Anonymous said…
Oh, and what cardigan are you wearing in this post? Did you make it? I looked around your lovely blog but couldn't find anything. :-)
Stephanie said…
Ok, I am trying to figure out why blogger doesnt tell me when I have a comment - just read yours thankyou Rebecca!
ahhh, I think you and Tilly would make a gorgeous pair in your hats. Love the yarn you have used in yours.
Artis-Anne said…
Totally with you re Blogger it sure has its off days, done I am sure when we have so much to post !!
Sorry you have been poorly do hope you are feeling better by now; we are all in need of some warm weather I think :)
Great hats, so very cute
gabriella said…
Very funky cool hat!! I love that pointy top. And such a beautiful Kelly cardigan in the previous post! I saw another one of those on another blog and now I think I might just have to splurge on some kidsilk haze and make one...so pretty. ~gabriella
Anonymous said…
is that colinette point five in the hat on the upper photo? i love the shape of that little elvish twist to the top of the hat!
Anonymous said…
I envy you to be able to wear hats. They are so wonderful (and I just look so awful with them).
Have you finished the embroidery?
Sweetpea4kids said…
Cute hats! I'm glad I stumbled across your blog, you've made some lovely stuff.

Popular Posts